Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Phase 2 of Fast Metabolism Diet
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb kale, thick stems removed, roughly chopped
- Crumble the ground turkey into a medium bowl. Add the paprika, red pepper flakes, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, coriander and cloves; mix well. Stir in the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of water; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of water, onions, and garlic. Sauté until the onions begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the turkey mixture and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until the turkey is browned, about 8 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the kale. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and continue to cook until the kale is tender (about 10 minutes), and serve.
The white vinegar turned the turkey into some kind of inedible styrofoam. Such a waste of good food, we couldn't even choke it down. Do not try.