Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this when looking for South Beach Diet friendly receipes and made a few minor changes. It is a treat that must be eaten as soon as you make it though because the mint will overtake the other flavors if you try to make keep it for a longer than a day. You could leave the mint out until ready to serve. For another variation use cilantro instead of mint.
- 2 seedless European cucumber or 4 fresh garden cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic paste (or ground garlic found in Asian food stores)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Cut ends off cucumbers, then cut off the peel, leaving thin strips of peel in stripes along the cucumber. Cut striped cucumbers in half lengthwise, then in 1/2 inch slices.
- Wash mint, dry well and chop coarsely.
- Coarsely chop peanuts.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Combine chopped mint and cucumbers in plastic bowl with a snap on lid, pour dressing over, put lid on and shake a few times so cucumbers and mint are completely coated with dressing.
- Pour into serving bowl, season with salt and pepper if desired, sprinkle chopped peanuts over and serve immediately.