Spicy Thai Cucumber Salad
photo by eabeler
- Ready In:
- Place sliced cucumber on a platter.
- Meanwhile combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a small saucepan and heat until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place shallots and chili pepper in vinegar mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers just before serving and sprinkle with peanuts and fresh cilantro.
- Don't be concerned about the strong smell when heating the vinegar.
Awesome Salad!!! I will have to admit I wasn't quite sure I was going to like this...I had cucumber I needed to use up and I came across this recipe, there were others I would have tried over this, but my husband is picky about sauces so I thought I'd give this a try and I am glad I did. This has to be the best cucumber salad ever. I even had seconds, which I rarely do when it involves vegetables, and I already bought the ingredients to make it again!! Very good, thanks for sharing :)