Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy and very easy recipe for any night of the week.
- 10 -15 large shrimp, raw
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet. Add all vegetables except garlic and cook until they just begin to become tender.
- Add shrimp, garlic, soy sauce, and a generous amount of Tabasco.
- Cook until shrimp are done. Be sure not to over-cook.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over rice. Add additional soy and hot sauce if desired.
Tasty, quick dish. If any of you have Market Day as a school fundraiser, the shrimp is a quick defrost and the baby asparagus from there makes for a great dish.