1/3 Photos of Spicy Shrimp and Chicken Pasta (Like Carino's)
Sooz Cooks's Note:
This is my FAVORITE dish at Johnny Carino's in my town and this is my rendition of the recipe. My husband says it tastes exactly like theirs. I have played around with how much cayenne pepper to put in this dish because the recipe I found originally just said "to taste". For me, one teaspoon is too mild, but two teaspoons is pretty spicy. I'd put some in and do a taste test before you add more. The original recipe was in Denver's Rocky Mountain News, but I have modified it to our tastes, including leaving out the green onion and increasing the amount of the sauce. Also, the original recipe said it served 4, but we have no problem getting 6-8 servings of this. I serve it with a tossed salad and my Crusty Italian Garlic Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled
- 44.37 ml butter
- 20 medium raw shrimp, peeled, tail removed, and cleaned
- 236.59 ml fresh button mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 236.59 ml sun-dried tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 709.77 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml romano cheese, grated
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper
- 453.59 g dry penne pasta
- 1Season and grill the chicken breasts until done. Cool and slice into bite sized pieces.
- 2Add butter to a large sauté pan on medium heat.
- 3Once butter is melted, add the shrimp, sliced chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- 4Saute mixture until shrimp and mushrooms are cooked.
- 5Add the cream, Romano cheese and cayenne pepper. Let cream reduce by half while stirring frequently.
- 6Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente according to package directions; drain excess water.
- 7Toss cooked pasta with contents of sauté pan. Serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp and Chicken Pasta (Like Carino's)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.6
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 35.0 g
- Cholesterol 271.5 mg
- Sodium 715.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 34.6 g