1/1 Photo of Spicy Seafood & Meat over Rice
In Spanish, “Mariscos y Carne Picante Sobre Arroz”. Based on a recipe from the cookbook, One Dish Meals, edited by Su-Huei Huang.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb squid
- 1/4 lb chicken breast (or pork or beef)
- 1/4 lb shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 cup asparagus, sectioned
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 dried chilies, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, white part only, in 2-inch long sections
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup green onion, green part, cut in 2-inch long sections
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1Score the squid in a crisscross manner, then cut in pieces.
- 2Slice meat.
- 3Combine salt and cornstarch in medium bowl.
- 4Add squid, meat, and shrimp to cornstarch mixture and mix to coat.
- 5In small bowl combine sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, wine, soy sauces, ½ tablespoon , cornstarch, water, and green onion sections (green parts).
- 6Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
- 7Add the asparagus, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and one tablespoon of the water; cover and cook until steamy. Stir-fry briefly, then remove from pan or wok. Wipe wok dry.
- 8Heat 3 tablespoons oil to pan or wok. Add the garlic, dried chili peppers, and green onions (white parts). Stir-fry until garlic turns golden brown.
- 9Add squid, meat, and shrimp to pan or wok and stir-fry until separated and cooked.
- 10Add sugar, vinegar, soy, cornstarch, etc. mixture and return vegetables to pan or wok. Stir-fry to mix well.
- 11Place on top of rice and serve.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Seafood & Meat over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1265.5
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 278.8 mg
- Sodium 1260.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 51.7 g