Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the best pumpkin bread I've ever had! I actually use home grown frozen pumpkin puree-just weigh it. This makes really nice miniature loaves to freeze or give away.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients, then add the pumpkin, oil, eggs, and extract. Mix well. Stir in the nuts if desired.
- Bake in 3 8x4x2 inch loaf pans, greased, for 1 1/2 hours or till the center is set.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.