Spicy Pumpkin Bread with Dates, Nuts & Raisins
- Ready In:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- Beat together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- combine and add the remaining ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Divide batter between 3 greased mini-loaf foil pans, 6x3x2-inch, place pans on a cookie sheet, and bake in a 350 F.
- oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 15 min.
- and then remove from pans and continue cooling on a rack.
- Serve with sweet whipped butter, Yields 3 mini-loaves.
- Easiest& Best!
- Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent! I omitted the raisins and dates (not by choice, I just didn't have any at the time) and it was the best pumpkin bread I have ever had! I can't wait to try it with the raisins and dates! Thank you so much for sharing, this one is a keeper for sure! I also frosted some of them with a cream cheese icing and brought them to my daughter's Halloween party, they disappeared within moments.