Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I do not remember where I found this recipe, but it's been one that I've enjoyed for some years. This is rather spicy, and you may want to cut down on the peppers. I generally omit the ground pepper and use 2 tsp. of pepper sauce, but am posting the recipe as I originally wrote it down.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2 in. cubes)
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt, to taste
- In a large kettle, brown the beef and drain off the fat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour.
This hit the spot here. Give DH anything thats made with hamburger and potatoes and he's a happy dude. I didn't add ant hot sauce to the recipe but just to my own bowl and we were both happy. I also added some dry beef soup base along with the tomato sauce and used the suggestion to mash some of the potato. Made the full recipe and have some 2 serving bags tucked away in the freezer. :D
I cut back on the tomato sauce & added in some beef broth. I also mashed some of the potatoes before added them to the soup. Made for Ramadan Tag 09
This was tasty. I let it simmer for over an hour. I would suggest smashing up some of the potatoes before serving, just to get it a thicker base. Thanks!