Spicy Black-eyed Pea Soup
Easy to make in the crock pot. Has a great cajun flavor. Goes great with corn bread on the side. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces dried black-eyed peas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots or 1 cup chopped bell pepper (may mix)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 1 lb andouille sausages or 1 lb kielbasa, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices or 1 tablespoon spice essence
- 49 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth (large can)
- cayenne pepper sauce or Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Sort peas and soak in plenty of water overnight.
- Before cooking, drain and rinse.
- Place all ingredients into crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until peas are nicely tender.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serve with additional tabasco, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation