Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use with my Beef Sate Skewers. Very easy to make, and it can be prepared a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until one hour before serving. Let come to room temperature. Then add soy sauce and lime juice just before serving.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Place peanuts and sugar in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the curry paste and coconut milk. Stir in the ground peanut mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture back into the food processor or blender and blend until smooth. (The sauce can be prepared to this point up to a day in advance. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to proceed.).
- Just before serving, stir in the soy sauce and lime juice. Serve warm or at room temperature.