Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great dish to please your need for spicy Asian cuisine! Feel free to add your favourite veggies, these are just some suggestions
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 large chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- rice noodles
- Brown chicken in oil, with a few chili flakes if desired, then remove from pan.
- Add all veggies into some oil except tomatoes, sauté 5-10 minutes.
- Mash garlic into a paste, and add flakes, brown sugar, lime juice, Soya sauce and peanut butter, mix well.
- Add 1/3 sauce to the veggies, heat through for 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and sliced chicken, pour 1/3 sauce over, and heat through 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- When cooked, add 1/3 of sauce to noodles.
- Place veggies and chicken over the noodles, and enjoy!
My husband and I just loved this dish! It was better than what we get at our local Thai restaurant. We made a little extra sauce to suit our own taste. We didn't know how much hot sauce to add, so we just guessed, but it was awesome! It really did satisfy our craving for Thai, and we'll be making it often. I registered on this site just to be able to review this recipe! Thanks!
Doubled the recipe (we had company) and I didn't add the cauliflower but otherwise followed the instructions. Very delicious! Next time I might add more sauce but since none of the dish was leftover it was ok. Served with Chinese Take-Out: Egg Drop Soup#509630 and Shrimp and Mushroom Egg Foo Young- (Better Than Take-Out)#450315. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Good dish. I ommited the celery and cauliflower; only because I did not think it would maintain the texture. I could be wrong. It does have a nice flavour. Leanne