Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different way to do tacos. Super Simple because it can be done in the crockpot or on the stovetop.
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces thick & chunky salsa
- Heat a small amount (enough to barely cover bottom of pan) of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, beef and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently until meat is browned.
- While meat is cooking, stir together the lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- When the meat is browned, stir in the cilantro mixture.
- Pour in the salsa; cover and simmer for about 1 hour; stirring occasionally, until meat is tender.
- To serve fill tortilla shells with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream or your choice or taco toppings.
- Crock pot variation: Place beef in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook on LOW setting 8 hours or until beef is tender.
A good burrito filling I put the meat into flour tortillas, and poured the sauce on top. A nice lunch. Slightly sweet from the salsa. I used half "hot" and half "medium".
We enjoyed this today for lunch and everyone liked it. I made 6 servings from this recipe. This was very easy to make on the stove top. You might want to leave the cover off the last 15 minutes of cooking as to reduce the liquid. I will be making this again, thank you Laurie. Made for Zaar Tag 2006