Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this for my Husband John. Made it with no food coloring just orange peppers.By all means go ahead and use your favorite peppers and chilies. This makes almost 8 cups. Use any size of jars you like. I make in smaller jars to give away for gifts during the holidays.
- In a blender add 1 cup vinegar and peppers and onions.
- Blend till pureed.
- In a large pot add all except pectin.
- Bring to a rolling boil while stirring constantly.
- Rolling boil for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pectin.
- Bring to boil and stir for 1 more minute.
- Ladle into hot sterle jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps onto jars that rims are wiped clean of jelly.
- Process in a water canner for 10 minutes.
5 Stars all the way, Rita ! What a little gem this is....all I know is that I was looking for a pepper jelly with a kick and this one knocked me out of the park ! I used 2 habenaros, 1 red chili pepper, 1 banana pepper and 2 halepenos...and left some of the seeds in from all of them. I licked the spoon when I finished this one and couldn't wait to try it on something. Will do that soon as I am trying to save these as Christmas stocking stuffers but they might not last that long ! Thanks again, Rita....this is another winner !
Holy Cheeewaawaa, Rita. thes es mucho spiceee. So I mixed it with some Orange Marmalade and use as a baste for salmon fillets. NIIIICCCCEEEE!
I did a spicy jelly marathon today and this was the last one I made so I made some changes to use up what I had already chopped and didn't use from other recipes. I used a red bell pepper and 1/2 cup jalapenos & 1/2 cup serranos because I couldn't find any habaneros. I also added 1/4 cup garlic because I already had it chopped. I tasted some before I canned the rest and it was very good. Thanks!