Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
Found this shrimp recipe in an ad for Wild American Shrimp. Prep time does not include 1 hour to marinate. Meant to be an appetizer for 4 but could be main dish for 2.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, leaving tail and first segment of shell intact, and deveined
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup dark beer, such as Bass
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shrimp, garlic, shallots, black pepper, salt, lmeon zest and juice, thyme sprigs, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and beer in a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat until hot, then add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the shrimp and marinade all at once, stirring constantly. Cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and the bits of garlic are golden brown.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. (The sauce should have a thick consistency.).
- Spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Serve over pasta or rice or with warm crusty bread.