Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up last night to satisfy a heavy-duty pasta craving without completely blowing our lower-fat lifestyle. We loved this, so I'm writing it down while I still remember exactly what I did...and also to share with you!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Wondra Flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- chopped fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In butter spread and olive oil, saute onion and garlic. Add Wondra and cook 3 minutes or so to cook the flour.
- Add wine, broth, red and black pepper and saute, stirring, until thickened and somewhat reduced. Add shrimp and cook until opaque, only a couple of minutes.
- Add half-and-half and parsley. Heat through, but don't boil.
- Toss with cooked, drained spaghetti and allow spaghetti to absorb the sauce for a few minutes. Serve with parmesan.
Wow...a great dish! The only negative is that I CAN'T STOP EATING IT! Thanks, we'll be having this often.
I made this last night for my husband and myself and we both absolutely loved it! Only difference was I did not add onion, but everything else as is. Thanks for sharing!