Thick and Creamy Low-Fat Cream of Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed with skins on
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (13 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 4 ounces instant mashed potatoes
- chopped green onion, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon pieces for topping (optional)
- Place the veggies, water, bouillon, cream soups, parsley, and margarine into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- During the last hour, stir in the evaporated milk and the instant potatoes.
- To serve, garnish each bowl with the green onion, cheese, and bacon, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I never realized how easy it is to create restaraunt-quality dishes at home until I lived with my grandparents over one of my summer breaks from college. As soon as I got my first apartment (a year or so later), I started cooking and have been addicted ever since! I like to challenge myself with new ingredients and techniques. I'm big on research, and will spend hours learning the how to's of new ideas ahead of time, because there's nothing more depressing than making a disappointing meal! <br /><br />I've taken it upon myself to be in charge of Thanksgiving dinner for the past 5 years (I'm 27 now)...I enjoy the challenge, and think I put together a pretty darn good spread! :) <br /><br />My fiance and I both LOVE to eat good food, but although we won't deny ourselves some wings and a beer now and again, we try to eat pretty healthfully on a day-to-day basis.</p>