1/2 Photos of Spicy Crab Mornay
From the cooking show Out of The Blue (only do seafood recipes). Hoping to make when we can start going crabbing again. Times are estimated on you using freshly cooked crabs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g crabmeat (about 4 blue swimmer crabs)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 shallots (finely chopped)
- 80 g green capsicum (green peppers finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- cayenne pepper (pinch of)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 100 g low-fat cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 lemon (juice of)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (fresh)
- 1Clean the crabs and remove all the flesh from the body, legs and claws.
- 2Thoroughly clean the backs of the crabs and reserve for use as a serving dish.
- 3Melt butter in a frypan/skillet and fry the shallots and capsicum for 2 to 3 minutes and then add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the parmesan cheese and combine well.
- 4Heat through but DO NOT bring to the boil.
- 5Fill the crab shells or individual ramekins with the mixture.
- 6Sprinkle a tablespoon parmesan cheese over each serve and bake in a hot oven until golden brown (or you could put under the grill/broiler).
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Crab Mornay
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 1294.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 30.7 g