Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from The Australian Women's Weekly Best Food collection. This is a good recipe for a finger food type party or get together.
- 650 g uncooked large shrimp (or 400g shelled uncooked prawns)
- 2 (170 g) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh lemongrass
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- chili, lime dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded finely (or 1 tsp finely grated lime rind)
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded, chopped finely
- Shell and devein prawns, blend or process with crab, paste, egg, onion, herbs and chill until just combined.
- Using hands, shape level tablespoons of mixture into fritter shapes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until golden brown and cooked through, drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve fritters with chili lime dipping sauce.
These fritters are very good, and also extremely easy to make. Rather than shape the mixture with my hands, I just dropped it into the pan using two tablespoons. Once one side had browned, I turned each fritter and pressed lightly with a spatula, so they wouldn't be too thick to cook through. The dipping sauce is essential. It adds so much to the overall dish. Thank you very much for posting this recipe. It was interesting trying it.%u3000