Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom and I came up with dish when I was little. It's easy and adds amazing pizazz to canned corn! Plus I usually have all these ingredients on hand. Now DH's friends request me to make this!!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced pickled jalapeno or 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
- Put mixture in a greased 9x9 casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until bubbly.
- ---OR--- Simply put it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes until heated through!
This was a nice side dish that went well with enchiladas. I used frozen corn and minced a fresh jalapeno. Thanks for sharing a nice keeper. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag.
A really easy dish to make with a kick of spiciness, very yummy! It is rich though so it is not something you would want to eat on a regular basis.
This is very good, but a little too rich for a side dish. I used fresh jalapenos. Thanks for posting!