- Ready In:
- 5 -6 ears corn (or large bag, frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- Grill corn to desired doneness, I like mine charred a little. And cut from cob.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and half of basil.
- When onions and pepper are tender, add corn and heat all the way through. mix in remaining basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Okay, this is a really good side dish. However I must admit i added a few things. DD has been on the lookout for a spicy corn dish she had a few years back at a friends house and this was our great start. I followed your directions until the end I added some cream and Mexican cheese. She was in heaven. This was what she was wanting. We all enjoyed it, so I thank you for sharing your recipe with me. I plan on making it as you have written it too. Very good.
I have always fixed a spicy corn recipe with cream cheese and was looking for something with less calories and fat. However it was important that it was still spicy for my jalapeno lovers. This recipe was great and enjoyed by all. I used canned mexican corn since I didn't have fresh corn and peppers on hand and it worked out well.