Spicy Grilled Corn on the Cob
Delicious, different and healthy way to enjoy corn on the cob. I prepare mine under the broiler, but you could easily grill this outdoors on the BBQ if you please. Got this recipe from my mom, who says she got it from Cooking Light.
- Ready In:
- 4 ears corn on the cob, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into four wedges
- Mix all spices together in a small dish.
- Place a large sheet of foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray on the top broiler rack, which should be 6-8 inches from the broiling element.
- Put the corn on the foil and broil on high.
- Check corn frequently, turning every 1-2 minutes to avoid burning.
- Corn will be done after about twelve minutes of cooking.
- Remove corn from oven, spread sour cream on it as you would butter and season with spice mixture.
- Serve with lime wedges, squeezing juice over entire cob just before eating.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These really are spicy...and I love spicy heat...but hubby and I found them a bit overwhelming with heat...that was before we squeezed some lime on the cobs...that helped cut the heat down...I'm glad I remembered them at the last minute (or should I say first bite)...so don't forget the lime...thanks for posting it...=)1Reply