photo by Axe1678
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Husk corn, remove silk and wash.
- Cut kernels from cob. Pack loosely into hot jars, leaving 1 inch headspace. Do not shake or press down.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to each pint jar, 1 teaspoon salt to each quart jar, if desired.
- Ladle boiling water over corn leaving 1 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles and apply lids.
- Process pints 55 minutes, quarts 1 hour and 25 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a pressure canner.
Just opened the first jar of this corn that I canned last fall. It was great. Tasted as fresh as it was before canned. The corn turned out with a slight cruch, unlike the store bought that I find a little mushy. <br/><br/>I poured the jar into a suace pan to reheat and added 2 Tbs of butter. The next can, I will drain some of the liquid off maybe all of it, and add the butter to it before reheating. <br/>Can't wait for next corn season. I will can more with this recipe. <br/>Thanks for posting the recipe.