Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
serve this with chunks of bread to soak up the liquid, courtesy of cooking light
- 1⁄2 can coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup peeled sliced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 lbs mussels
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonaded
- combine the first seven ingredients in a skillet, bring to a boil.
- add mussels, cover, and cook 5 minutes until shells open.
- discard any unopened mussels garnish with basil.
This was soo easy and delicious! Made it as written and served it with crusty bread and a tomato salad. Might add a finely chopped chili pepper and some garlic next time, its a recipe to play with! Thanks Chia!!
I could have eaten this whole batch of mussels all by myself, but unfortunately had to share with a friend. We both loved the spicy broth and the juicy tenderness of the mussels, wiping our bowls clean with some delicious French bread. I followed your instructions to the letter, which were so simple and easy to follow. I think that some chopped cilantro would be good with this instead of the basil, and I might try it next time. Good one, Chia.
Great broth! I made it as written except substituted 1/2 tsp powdered ginger as I had no fresh stuff. We drank the remaining broth. Worth trying!