Moules Marinieres - Belgian Mussels
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mussels taste of the sea and a quick and easy to cook. I was always told to drink a glass or 2 of wine when eating mussels - why? I don't know.
- Ready In:
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 200 ml white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a casserole pot.
- Add onions, celery, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the wine a bring to the boil.
- Add the mussels and place lid on pot give a good shake to mix.
- Cook until mussels have opened shaking even now and again.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, cream and the parsley and stir.
- Serve with crusty bread or as in Belgium with frites.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I adore mussels and I loved this recipe! So much so I ate the whole 1kg of mussels myself!!! Served with crusty bread to sop up the lovely juices - mmmmm will definitely be making this again and soon! Thank you so much - made for ZWT6. Almost forgot, I added a finely chopped clove of garlic to the onions and celery just because I love garlic!Reply
loved this relly simple i made both of coastys recipes recipe #401248 because the cooking of the mussels was basically the same just the toppings were different walmart has 2 lbs of mussels wrapped in 1lb packages each in freezer section .if you like oyster stew you will be wild for this recipe make em both they are really good zaar 6 tourReply