Garlic Steamed Mussels
photo by momaphet
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 dozen mussels, Cleaned
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix
- French bread
- In Dutch oven, bring wine and water to a boil over high heat.
- Add mussels; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 3 minutes or until mussels open.
- With slotted spoon, remove mussels to large bowl; discard any unopened shells.
- Strain liquid from Dutch oven using strainer line with cheesecloth or paper towels.
- Reserve enough liquid to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Rinse and wipe pot clean.
- In same Dutch oven, bring savory herb with garlic soup mix blended with reserved 1 1/2 cups liquid to a boil over high heat.
- Pour over mussels. Serve with bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"