Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favorite dishes. It has a really good kick. Make sure not to overcook the eggplant because then it will get mushy.
- 1 lb eggplant
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- canola oil
- green onion
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine Spicy Sauce Ingredients.
- Cut up chicken to desired size.
- Peel eggplant and cut up to desired size.
- Deep fry eggplant submerged in Canola Oil in a wok about 2 minutes, then remove and place on paper towel to drain.
- Stir Fry garlic in wok, about 10 seconds.
- Cook chicken.
- Add Spicy Sauce into wok and simmer then add cornstarch.
- Add eggplant and stir, about 30 seconds.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This was REALLY good. I love the flavor of the sauce and will use it in other stir fry dishes as well.
SO GOOD Didn't change anything and this dish tasted superb thanks for sharing
I started making this with every intention of sticking to the recipe, but after the chicken and eggplant were cut, I realized that I was out of oyster sauce. So I subbed 2 tbsp hoisen sauce and 2 tbsp fish sauce. Don't know how different this flavor was, but we loved the way it turned out. My DH went back for seconds, which is pretty unusual, and my DD's very picky BF actually liked it (and according to DD "he doesn't ususally like stuff). I used 4 Chinese eggplants and 2 chicken breast halfs, and doubled the sauce (except for the chili sauce). Served over brown rice. Will absolutely be making this again. Oh, I just remembered that I added a bag of bean sprouts at the end, just because I had them and didn't want them to go bad, and we really liked the crunch they added. Thank you!!