Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Church Suppers
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and simmer for 4 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf when the soup is cooked.
- Serve with crackers, corn muffins or cornbread.
I was looking for something to knock the edge off my cold, and this was absolutely the right recipe. This recipe is good as is, but I think it could benefit by upping the veggie quotient. Next time I make it, I'm going to add some zucchini and mushrooms. Great recipe, Recipe Junkie. My nose thanks you.
Wait a minute! My noise is running. LOL This soup really has a nice kick to it. My son had three bowls. This really will be put in the keep box. We loved it just the way it is but next time I will add some chopped up celery and small diced potatoes.