1/1 Photo of Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
From Southern Living May 2009 Special "Movie Night" Section, these sandwiches were rated "mild" by the test staff for heat level. Let guests add more hot sauce to taste. I like the inclusion of crispy carrots and celery to this sandwich -- a good way to get some extra veggies! This recipe includes the usual blue cheese dressing, which I personally do not like, so I would substitute ranch dressing, and shredded parmesan or swiss cheese for the blue cheese crumbles. You can also used grilled or roasted chicken strips to avoid the 'fried stuff' -- still delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buffalo-style hot sauce, divided
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 1/3 cup refrigerated blue cheese dressing (or ranch dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 12 large deli-fried chicken strips (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled blue cheese (or shredded parmesan or swiss cheese)
- buffalo-style hot sauce (extra-optional)
- 1Stir together butter and 2 teaspoons hot sauce. Brush cut sides of rolls evenly with mixture. Place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 2Stir together blue cheese dressing, 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce, and Creole seasoning. Add carrots, celery, and if desired, onion; toss to coat.
- 3Arrange chicken on bottom halves of rolls; drizzle evenly with remaining hot sauce.
- 4Layer chicken evenly with carrot mixture and crumbled blue cheese.
- 5Top with remaining roll halves. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 1299.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: