Consistently eaten by the batchful, this dip is meant to be shared. Super easy & very very tasty - the spiciness depends on how much spice you add. I like to serve this with white tortilla chips and strips of sweet bell peppers (the colors look nice together). This recipe is adapted slightly from Lean & Lovin' It! by Don Mauer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the green pepper & red onion.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (about 5 minutes).
- 4Add beans with reserved liquid to the skillet.
- 5Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- 6Place the mixture along with remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- 7Pulse to combine, but do not puree. Leave it a little chunky for better scooping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g