Recipe by groovyrooby
Consistently eaten by the batchful, this dip is meant to be shared. Super easy & very very tasty - the spiciness depends on how much spice you add. I like to serve this with white tortilla chips and strips of sweet bell peppers (the colors look nice together). This recipe is adapted slightly from Lean & Lovin' It! by Don Mauer.
Top Review by Erin0583
This dip is delicious! I did tweak it slightly with the addition of three cloves of garlic, minced, the juice of two limes, and maybe 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I will definitely be making this again. If left unprocessed, it would make a great quesadilla filling with some queso fresco!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed & 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more or less as you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the green pepper & red onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add beans with reserved liquid to the skillet.
- Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Place the mixture along with remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse to combine, but do not puree. Leave it a little chunky for better scooping.