- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper, and onion until meat is browned and the veggies are tender; drain.
- Add the next 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.