Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family loves these beans. They even request them on Christmas because they go so well with ham. They complement potato salad also. They are spicy; depends on how many shakes of the Tabasco sauce you add.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 cup chili sauce (I like Heinz)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- Cook bacon until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute onion in some of the bacon grease until tender.
- Drain grease.
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy pan or crockpot and
- simmer until hot.
- About an hour on the stove top or a couple hours on low in the crockpot.