Recipe by jrusk
I've jotted down the basic recipe to a meal we enjoy. I usually adjust it to taste as I cook. I eat this in lettuce cups but I also serve it over brown rice or with noodles. I adapted the dipping sauce from another recipe because it like so much.
Top Review by Dad's in the Kitchen
Wow! I'm a big fan of P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps, and these were just as good, if not better! I made a double batch, and it was all gone. The recipe is perfect as written - wouldn't change a thing.
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped (green and white parts)
- fresh ginger (2-inch piece peeled and grated or finely chopped)
- 1 cup green cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 limes (zest and juice of 2 limes)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok or large pan. When hot add ground turkey and stir fry it for 5 minutes. Add Hoisin sauce, hot chili sauce and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Continue to stir fry until almost cooked through. (I use the pampered chef tool to break up the meat into small pieces).
- In a bowl, combine the scallions, half of the ginger, cabbage, half of the chili pepper, the garlic, the 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and the lime zest.
- Add vegetable bowl mixture to wok and continue to stir fry until cooked but still slightly crisp.
- While the turkey and vegetables cook, make the dipping sauce. In a bowl, combine the remaining ginger and chili pepper, the 1/3 cup of soy sauce, the lime juice, the sesame oil, the honey and a splash of water. Taste and adjust the seasoning; if it's too salty, add another drizzle of honey.
- Before serving the meat stir in the cilantro leaves.
- Garnish with extra cilantro leaves and serve with the spicy lime dipping sauce.
- Wrap in lettuce cups or serve over noodles or rice.