Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup sounded interesting when I ran across it on Allrecipes.com It was submitted Colleen Campo. She stated: "An unusual combination of simple ingredients that render a spicy, tasty soup that's ready in less than 45 minutes!"
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 15 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Heat the oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Saute onion, sweet potato, and garlic until onion is soft.
- Turn down heat if necessary to prevent burning.
- Stir in the chicken broth, thyme and cumin. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in salsa, garbanzo beans and zucchini. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice and peanut butter until the peanut butter has dissolved.
- Serve hot with pita chips and a green salad.
It is tasty, pretty and quick. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped peanuts and cilantro leaves on top for a nice presentation.