Recipe by Pets'R'us
Friendly on the waistline! Finger food or a main dish served with noodles/rice and vegetables, a simple but very tasty dish. If you can't get lemon grass or lime leaves, the best substitute I can think of is to use grated lime zest. Marinating time not included.
- 907.18 g medium prawns or 907.18 g large shrimp
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 9.85 ml finely chopped lemongrass or 9.85 ml kaffir lime leaves
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml teriyaki sauce
- 9.85 ml honey
- 4 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 2.46 ml hot sauce, to taste
- 14.79 ml peanut oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell and devein the prawns, leave the tails on if you want.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, add the prawns, mix well, cover, put in the fridge and marinate preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and stir fry the prawns until cooked, you better do this in batches.