Simple, delicious garlic prawns - we like these over noodles. Recipe is from Arun's restaurant in Chicago. Do not substitute oyster sauce for the fish sauce, they are not interchangeable. If you need to substitute the fish sauce, use either Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp, peeled with tails left on and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, cook and stir until garlic is translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, fish sauce, cilantro, black pepper and white pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until shrimp is opaque, about 3 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good. I once ate at Arun's and I remember it as some of the best Thai food I've ever had! We made this with regular-sized shrimp instead of prawns, and therefore removed the tails before cooking. Other than using shrimp and increasing the amount of cilantro, we made it to the recipe. The shrimp plated up nicely with thai stir-fry noodles and recipe #68621, Thai Style Broccoli Salad. What a great menu!1Reply