1/1 Photo of Spiced Peach Jam
Stephanie in Pittsburgh's Note:
This recipe is by Janice Cole from Cooking Pleasures magazine. The peaches are accented with the sweet spices of cinnamon, cardamon, and nutmeg, creating a rich spread.
My Private Note
8-oz. j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in a heavy large pot; stir to combine. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes, adjusting heat as necessary to maintain an even boil.
- 2While the mixture boils, mash fruit with a potato masher to desired consistency. Boil an additional 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until slightly thickened (you'll see the bottom of the pot when stirring) and set.** (Temperature should be about 221 F.) Remove from heat; remove cinnamon stick.
- 3Pour hot jam into 4 sterilized 8-oz. jars. Carefully wipe jar rims; cover. (Jam can be made up to 1 month ahead and refigerated or up to 6 months ahead and frozen.) To store at room temperature, immediately process in a boiling water bath for 5 five minutes.
- 4Tips: * To peel peaches, drop peaches into larg pot of boiling water; boil 30 seconds or until peach skins loosen. Remove with slotted spoon; drop into ice water to cool. Use a knife to peel away skins.
- 5** To test jam, before you begin cooking, place a small plate into the freezer to chill. When jam begins to thicken slightly, place a small amount of jam on chilled plate; return to freezer for 1 to 2 minutes (remove jam from heat during testing time). When set, jam will be slightly set and will not run on plate. If jam is too liquid, cook an addition 1 to 2 minutes before testing again.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1783 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 178.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 173.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g