Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
flavored panko with thyme, basil, ginger, and chile heat, which makes the crumbs a really exciting ingredient and one you’ll use often. The flavored crumbs also store beautifully. Lasts 3 weeks, refrigerated
- 4 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder or 1 tablespoon regular chili powder
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Use or store.
This worked perfect and had a nice balance of seasoning for my oven baked chicken!
These were great on our pork chop! Can't wait to try it on other things.
Absolutely loved the spice for these panko bread crumbs. I also added some cayenne powder and it was nice and spicey and made my fish from another recipe very delicious. Made a big batch to use the next time. Thanks so much for the tips!