This simple yet taste recipe is the simplest recipe I have found for candied pecans, walnuts or any nut really. It's from a 14th Century English cookbook I have.
- Mix egg white and the nuts( any kind of nut may be used) together until the nuts are sticky and well covered with egg white.
- In a "ziplock" bag, combine the sugar and cinnamon and toss the sticky nuts into the mixture.
- shake well to cover the nuts.
- Pour out the ingredients of the bag and spread onto a backing sheet that is ungreased and bake at 300F for about 20 minutes.
- The nuts will get a white looking coating on them in the oven when they are done.
- Pull out of oven and remove the nuts from the cookie sheet immediately.
- Let cool and watch them disappear!
This was the easiest and tastiest of three spiced nut recipes I tried for winter of 2009. Thanks for sharing!
quick and easy big hit everywhere I have taken them
OMG! This is the best snack ever, so yummy. These came out sweet and cinnamin-y and with a crunchy coating that was delicious! My bf has already asked me to make this again(a real compliment btw). Next time I might try different nuts just to mixx it up a bit, thought this would taste great with almonds :) Thanks so much, great recipe!