Recipe by Recipe Baroness
This simple yet taste recipe is the simplest recipe I have found for candied pecans, walnuts or any nut really. It's from a 14th Century English cookbook I have.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg white and the nuts( any kind of nut may be used) together until the nuts are sticky and well covered with egg white.
- In a "ziplock" bag, combine the sugar and cinnamon and toss the sticky nuts into the mixture.
- shake well to cover the nuts.
- Pour out the ingredients of the bag and spread onto a backing sheet that is ungreased and bake at 300F for about 20 minutes.
- The nuts will get a white looking coating on them in the oven when they are done.
- Pull out of oven and remove the nuts from the cookie sheet immediately.
- Let cool and watch them disappear!