Savory Spiced Nuts
photo by Jennifer E.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Whisk egg white and water until foamy.
- Toss with nuts, and pour into strainer.
- Strain for 3 minutes.
- Pour nuts into brown paper bag, and shake with spices until coated.
- Pour onto cookie sheet and spread out.
- Bake 15 minutes and stir.
- Lower heat to 225 degrees, and bake 1 hour, stirring a few times.
- Turn off oven and cool with door propped open.
- Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this many times over the past year and every time I love it! I have used in snack towers and as a gift on it's own. I use a chiptole chili powder which gives the nuts a really nice smokey flavor. An added benefit is that the house smells great while they cook! My one piece of advice is if you are planning on giving them as a gift, wrap them quickly before you eat them all, they are very addictive!
I made this as part of snack gift tower. My Father-In-Law was very impressed and kept saying how tasty they were! I followed the recipee exactly as stated with one small change. I used a Chipotle chili powder because I really like the smokey taste of chipotle. I think that change gave this a little kick. Thanks for the great recipee!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I currently live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, although that will be changing shortly. I was living in Guatemala for the past few months, and plan on returning for a 2 year teaching assignment this coming January. I have always loved to cook, and the more complicated recipe, the better. I also love any type of ethnic food, so most of the recipes you see in my cookbook are of that variety.