Moroccan Spiced Nuts
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- 1 cup peanuts, unsalted
- 1 cup pistachios, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 1 tablespoon salt
- juice of one lime
- In a bowl mix the lime juice, spice and salt. Add the nuts and stir until well coated.
- Bake on a low oven at 300F/150?C/Gas mark 2 for one hour, stirring the nuts from time to time. Allow to cool before serving and store in an air-tight container.
Moroccan Sweet & Spicy mixed nuts:
- Add 2 TB honey and 1 TB water to the spice mix. Repeat the cooking process as above.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The first batch I added the optional honey and burnt the nuts! Also, if you add the honey perhaps lower the temperature by 25 degrees or so. The house smelled wonderful while the second batch was slowly roasting. Great combination of flavors and easy, too (used homemade ras el hanout!). Made for NA*ME tag/Autumn.
Thanks a lot for another addiction Bethie! I defy anyone to stop at a small nibble, it can't be done. Seriously, these are delicious. I adore nuts and these appease that crunch craving with an A+ rating. Must be off now...need to make more, :D. UPDATE: I just wanted to say that I have made these (yet again, lol) and added a small drizzle of honey and cinnamon. Wow, wow, wow. I'm going to have to start buying stock in the nut company's!