Recipe by GaylaJ
I love the warm tones the honey and spices give this wonderful sauce from Gourmet.
Top Review by likethebird
Delicious! I used strawberry organe banana juice (bc that's what was in the fridge). Substituted 1 tsp of ground cinnamon for the sticks. Perfect blend of sweet and spice. Easiest recipe ever! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 -3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-inch)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup water (I use orange juice instead of water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cranberries have burst and the mixture has thickened. (I put the cloves in a tea diffuser for easier removal and usually cook the sauce a little longer than the time given.).
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and let cool.
- The sauce may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Serve at room temperature.