Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy recipe I got off of the May issue of Chatelaine. Makes excellent meatloaf, burgers, meatballs and more.
- 3 eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup regular sour cream
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 4 lbs medium ground beef
- Whisk together eggs with onion and sour cream. Stir in bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Crumble in beef using your hands, work until mixed.
- Form into burgers, meatballs or whatever you fancy.
- Cook now or freeze for later.
I made oval shaped patties out of this to fit into pita pockets (after reducing the amounts to work with 1# of ground beef.) They had a nice flavor. Next time I will add some garlic. Reviewed for PAC Fall '07.