Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I make this all the time for my co-workers. It's so easy and its gone in no time flat. I make the base the night before and refrigerate, then put the Bisquick topping on in the morning to bake while I get ready for work.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I like Rotel with chiles)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ground beef and onion until done, drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix (dry), tomatoes and corn.
- Spoon into 13x9x2-inch ungreased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Stir together Bisquick, milk and eggs.
- Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped tomato and shredded lettuce if desired.
I made this for dinner last night and the whole family loved it. I did add fresh garlic to the meat while browning, but this family doesn't do much of anything without fresh garlic. This was a very simple dinner, thanks so much for sharing. We will be making it again.
This was a good meal. Simple, but tasty. I kicked it up a little with some garlic in the meat. Thanks!
This was okay. Not something I will be making again as no one in our family really cared for it too much. I'm fairly certain the leftovers will go untouched - and there are a lot of leftovers since there's only 4 of us and this makes a big pan! There wasn't anything particularly wrong with this it just didn't have very much flavor I guess. It was easy to put together though.