Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These yummy enchiladas are my daughter's favorite AND this has to be one of my all-time favorite recipes for OAMC - So very quick-to-make and freezes beautifully! Just double wrap the entire 9x13" baking dish after assembly, freeze it, and later thaw the dish full of enchiladas in the refrigerator for several hours then bake. It's that easy!
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups grated Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sauté onion in olive oil until tender; add chicken, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, cream cheese, and cumin; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted; stir in 1 cup of grated cheese then remove from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, placing an equal portion onto each; roll enchiladas up tightly and place seam side down in a 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray; top with remaining enchilada sauce and grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- NOTE: Two cups diced cooked chicken is equal to about one pound uncooked meat.
Delish! I have been trying to find the perfect creamy-green chicken enchiladas. Very simple, yet tasty recipe. They are great topped with salsa.
YUM! Being a cheese lover, I took Lori's idea nd used the whole 8 oz. of cream cheese. I also uesd shredded chicken that I have on hand from Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts for Freezing - OAMC. I also used 2 cloves of garlic and a bit more cumin. mmmm, the house smelled so good. I put 1/2 the enchiladas in one dish and froze the other 1/2.
I like things spicy so I put some additional salsa verde and a hot garlic sauce on top. Very good! Thank you.
Can I rate this again? This is a go constant go to love love love recipe. I put in a batch of the frozen ones tonight, easy!!!!! Thanks again!
These enchiladas are so easy to make and tasty! I added fresh jalapenos (seeds removed) to the top, but otherwise followed the directions for this great dish.