Recipe by Deb's Recipes
These yummy enchiladas are my daughter's favorite AND this has to be one of my all-time favorite recipes for OAMC - So very quick-to-make and freezes beautifully! Just double wrap the entire 9x13" baking dish after assembly, freeze it, and later thaw the dish full of enchiladas in the refrigerator for several hours then bake. It's that easy!
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups grated Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in olive oil until tender; add chicken, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, cream cheese, and cumin; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted; stir in 1 cup of grated cheese then remove from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, placing an equal portion onto each; roll enchiladas up tightly and place seam side down in a 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray; top with remaining enchilada sauce and grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- NOTE: Two cups diced cooked chicken is equal to about one pound uncooked meat.