Easy Rotisserie Chicken Enchiladas
photo by Casey.Company
- Ready In:
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 14 -16 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese, of choice (I like a jack or cheddar mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- preheat oven to 350 degrees; prep baking dish with cooking spray.
- remove chicken from bones (discard skin) and chop or shred into small pieces; place meat in a bowl; chop onion and set aside.
- in a bowl, mix tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, sour cream, pepper, salt, onion powder, red chili flakes, chili powder and vinegar.
- take each tortilla in your hand, add some chicken, onion and spoonful of sauce and roll it up; place each in cooking dish seam side down; repeat until baking dish is filled.
- spread remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas; cover dish lightly with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- remove from oven, remove foil and top with cheese; bake an additional 15 minutes; garnish with extra sour cream if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
CASEY & COMPANY is a collection of my various loves turned into blog posts - from recipes & quick tips, to must haves & amazing deals. Whatever the topic, it's all about the experience...I make it simple, I make it fun, I make it memorable! Follow me here & http://www.casey.company/