Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great with enchiladas
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato puree or 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- Heat large skillet and brown the rice in oil until a very light brown. Add onion and peppers and continue to saute for 1 more minute. Add water and tomato and stir into rice. Heat just to boiling.
- Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Add salt to desired taste; mix well and serve while hot.
Made and enjoyed this! One problem with the recipe, though. Amount of rice should be 1 cup, not 1/2. Thanks for sharing your recipe!