Recipe by dicentra
This comes from 1000 Great Recipes. Posting for ZWT3. “Judias verdes con jamon are green beans cooked with the Spanish raw-cured Serrano ham.” Parma ham or bacon may be substituted for the Serrano ham.
- 1 lb green beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 ounces serrano ham, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beans, left whole, in boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes, until they are just tender but still with a little bit of bite.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions for 5 minutes, until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ham and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the beans, then add them to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.