Orange Rice Pudding
photo by Tulip-Fairy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Mix the rice with the milk, honey and orange rind in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer very gently for 1 ¼ hours, stirring regularly.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking and stirring for 15-20 minutes until the rice is creamy.
- Pour in the cream and simmer for 5-8 minutes longer.
- Serve the rice sprinkled with chopped pistachios.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUMMY! I think the proportions are off or maybe it's a personal preference - by the time the milk was absorbed, the rice was mush. Delicious mush, though, and we ate it all. Excellent flavor & sweetening with honey is different & not so sweet - it's very nice! Made for the Recipe of the Week in the NA*ME Forum.<br/><br/>LOL. Made this again for Spain/Portugal's February Honey Tag! I still think the rice is too soft but it IS delicious! Easy to make, too. Just takes time. :) Have I ever mentioned how much I love rice pudding??? xoxo
Reviewed for the ZWT3. I wish there were more stars that I could give this. This rice pudding was absolutely delicious! I've made rice pudding hundreds of time, never with anything much more exciting than some sultanas! But THIS pudding is to die for!!! Will make again and again. Very simple to make, although you do need to close to it during cooking time.