- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans
- 3 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (Serrano ham or Parma ham can be substituted)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted water cook the green beans about 5-6 minutes, only until just tender but still with some "bite".
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook another minute. DO NOT burn the garlic!
- Drain the green beans well and add to the saucepan with the garlic. Cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the crumbled bacon. NOTE: If using Serrano or Parma ham, add it at the same time with the garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.